We hope you are all doing well. We are just fine. We've started doing a family Bible time every week with the kids. They have so much fun that I had to take pictures. I haven't taken pictures every time, but here are a few.
This one was building a firm foundation on Christ, so they made graham cracker houses, we read the Word and sang the song the wise and foolish man.
This one was building up treasures in heaven, and we went on a treasure hunt for ice cream, they loved that. A funny note about this one, I was telling the kids as we were eating our "treasure" that Earthly treasure goes away, but heavenly treasure lasts forever; which is why we want to build it up, just like the ice cream goes away when we eat it. Emily sat and thought for a moment about what I had said and I was so thankful that they were listening and we were having a fun time. Then she says, "Well, if you puke up your ice cream, it won't be gone." It was too funny. I replied,"Would you want to eat it again?" She said, "NO! That would taste like puke and not ice cream!" It was funny!
Here is a picture of Emily's new adult teeth. It is pretty hard to see, and it was tough to get this picture as clear as it is. They are growing behind the row of baby teeth. It looks kind of funny. We went to the dentist last week and he said she will be fine. Her teeth will push forward over time and her baby ones are loose already.
Lots of Love,
The Akers
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you guys that you are having a family bible study and that you are teaching your children about the foundational principles of our God. Those are such cute ways to share God's word. I love the graham cracker houses and the ice cream treasure hunt. Emily's little mind is very creative. I love what she said. You can tell she was really thinking about that one. :) She is so bright. I love the pictures too. They are adorable and the values you are teaching them will last a lifetime - until we are with God for eternity. You are such wonderful parents. Your kids are blessed among children. Love you guys!
P.S. That's such a cute school backpack for Emily too. :)
Post a Comment